[Tagging] shop values for _supply, _supplies, _supplement, _supplements?

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Thu Aug 29 10:26:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

That's very interesting. From this viewpoint the current SHOP values are
also inconsistent, e.g. the store: "jewelry" "bakery", or what it sells:
"shoes", "baby_goods".

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:shop

But then a pet_supply sells pets, not pet_supplies. Am I right?
(Grammatically.)

And there are many plural SHOP values already, which look totally OK and
more convenient and natural.

And this problem is not even mentioned on tagging guideline:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Any_tags_you_like

The example on Key:office page is way different ("Please use the
singular form; e.g., lawyer not lawyers,"), because many of those words
are fine in singular form and do not create a language "weirdness" (e.g.
office=lawyer).

But most of my examples are better in plural, so we should use those.

Thanks all,
Ferenc