[Tagging] Ace Hardware

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:48:51 UTC 2013

2013/8/30 Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>

> And since each store is branded uniquely, and don't always use the
> name Ace Hardware in their name[1] or other material, I don't think
> "brand" fits either.
>
> But we may want to indicate that the relationship between store and
> co-op exists, so in this case, since they belong to a co-op, I've used
> co-op=Ace Hardware.

my first idea was also to use brand like we do in other occasions (gas
stations, McD, car dealers, ...) but reading the comments of Bryce and
Clifford and taking into account they don't always use the name Ace
Hardware I believe your co-op tag fits best for this (and other co-ops).
Regarding the wording it would be better to avoid abbreviations and to use
cooperative instead.

Btw.: I couldn't find any co-op tags via taginfo and 46 occurences with
cooperative (42 of them yes).
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/cooperative

cheers,
Martin