[Tagging] Ace Hardware

Johan C osmned at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 20:40:54 UTC 2013

It's also nice to keep things a bit simple in OSM, because all records in
the database need correct input and maintenance. I'm already seeing a lot
of confusion on petrol stations. Where I just want to find the nearest fuel
station (yes, I would like to have 99% coverage of amenity=fuel in OSM
worldwide) the next thing is already less important: 'is it a Shell or an
Esso, or ...'. There's not one way, but three to put Shell/Esso in: name,
brand, operator. I see them mixed up already. Please no extra confusing
tags with are hard to maintain and to explain.

Cheers, Johan