[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Substation Refinement

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Aug 30 09:06:41 UTC 2013

Same in France, we have many substations like the one on your picture bredy.

We miss "wall attach" tag beside poles and towers to deal with those issues.

2013/8/30 bredy <bredyfox at yahoo.it>

> Another question.
> But the pole with transformer is a substation?
> For me is better to tag it as a Pole because really I see a pole, not all
> people know a transformer. Then if I put transformer=yes I see there is a
> transformer in the pole.

Regading this, I'm willing to introduce man_made=pole/tower to use
power=transformer on the same node.

It's currently discussed on ML and transmission proposal :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Power_transmission_refinement#Power_vs_man_made_for_towers_and_poles

Using transformer=yes will force data cosnumers to deal with many different
combinations for transformer (and other hosted stuff) while poles and
towers may not have so many to do with power=*

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com