[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Substation Refinement

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 30 17:50:47 UTC 2013

On 30/08/2013 10:55, bredy wrote:
> In Italy there are many substation like this  Cabina Enel
> <http://viadeisalici.blog.tiscali.it/files/2011/04/imagesCAM2222V.jpg>
> the line arrive in the building. How can I tag this?
>
> Actually building=yes + power=sub_station, but for JOSM if I connect del
> line with the node of substation take me an advice. Lost Pole/tower.
> Do I have to connect the line with one node at center of substation and tag
> it with power=transformer?

Actually this is more relevant to the
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Substation_refinement
proposal than to the power transmission proposal.

According to that scheme you should tag the substation as building=yes,
power=substation, location=indoor. I would prefer to connect the
incoming power lines to the building polygon as you don't really know
what happens inside. However, you may add a node inside and tag it with
power=transformer, transformer=distribution.