[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC 2 - Gambling

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Sun Dec 1 13:06:20 UTC 2013

On 1 December 2013 09:47, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only thing a little strange might be shop=lottery for shops whose "main
> purpose" is selling lottery tickets. Maybe I simply have never lived in an
> area where those exist, but really, I cannot recall of having ever seen a
> shop like this. IMHO this would better be an attribute (for shops and
> similar that sell, beside other stuff, also lottery tickets).

The tag shop=lottery is currently mainly used in Spain and Latin
America, so I suppose these are the regions where such shops exist.
They look like this:

Brazil: http://allexmoreira.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/grande-inauduracao-da-loterica-trevo-da.html
Spain: http://www.azarplus.com/fotos/noticias_fotocabecera_1713.jpg
Argentina: http://www.diarioepoca.com/notix2/multimedia/imagenes/fotos/2012-09-26/710194.jpg

As you can see, they are very different from German 'Lottoladen'.

-- Matthijs