[Tagging] How to tag babycare?

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:01:34 UTC 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

> nounours
I see. as you say, my opinion has different coverage from childcare 2.0
tagging.
So separating them are nice idea.

I'll try to make a RFC wiki page.

> Martin, Erik
> Do we really need a different tag here? Or would it be OK to asume from
the wheelchair tags that strollers are OK as well? Are there different
technical requirements for accessibility by wheelchairs and strollers?  Or
is this about legally different situations?

As wheelchair and stroller have different width, so situations are a bit
different.
Basically, stroller's width are smaller than wheelchair's one.
So, I think there are some needs where [wheelchair=no] but [stroller=yes].
(e.g. narrow passage in a shop)
Similar, main purpose of [ramp=*] is to bicycle. So if a ramp is narrow, it
is not accessible to stroller.

Based on same logic, as you say, [wheelchair=yes] means certainly
[stroller=yes].
So, as technical view, we could treat [wheelchair=yes] as [stroller=yes].

No legal requirement is needed. (at least in my country, Japan)

> "breast_feeding"?
Nice choice!
My main purpose is clarify where to "breast_feed".

As I'm not good at English, so your suggestions are very helpful.
(Although my baby always cry when feed by bottle, so I need some private
space. But this is minor issue :) )

cheers

2013/12/2 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> 2013/12/2 Satoshi IIDA <nyampire at gmail.com>
>

>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm a bit wondering how to tag following babycare amenities.
>> Possibly those are additional feature for childcare 2.0 schema, but
>> usable with other POIs.
>> (e.g. w/ amenity=cafe, toilet, or so.)
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/childcare2.0
>>
>> * where to replace baby's diaper.
>> ** according to Taginfo, "diaper=[yes|no|room]" ?
>>

> used very few times (ca. 300). Also alternatives I have checked are used
> very few times (e.g. amenity=baby_change 2 times).
>

>> * where to access with stroller/pushchair
>> ** according to Taginfo, "stroller=[yes|no|limited]"?
>> ** very similar schema as "wheelchair=*".
>>

> Do we really need a different tag here? Or would it be OK to asume from
> the wheelchair tags that strollers are OK as well? Are there different
> technical requirements for accessibility by wheelchairs and strollers?  Or
> is this about legally different situations?
>

>> * where to feed milk to baby.
>> ** Maybe "feed=*" or "feeding=*"?
>>
> *** According to Taginfo, those tags are to feed domestic animals.
>>

> maybe "breast_feeding"? I have never needed a tag like this, basically you
> can do it everywhere where there isn't too much noise / movement ;-), but
> this might be perceived differently in different cultures.
>

> ** Maybe "nursery=*"?
> *** But this definition is conflict with childcare 2.0 definition.
> ** possible values are [yes|no]. or others?
>

> I wouldn't use "nursery" as this seems to refer to something else (a place
> to bring your baby so they care for it).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Satoshi IIDA
mail: nyampire at gmail.com