[Tagging] leisure=garden

cracklinrain cra_klinrain at gmx.de
Thu Dec 5 09:37:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

the wiki page of leisure=garden says that every ordinary garden, which
is not accessible by the public (not even once), can be tagged as
leisure=garden. You just have to tag it to access=private.

I actually do not think that this is helpful for anybody.

On the other hand: Isn't it already included in landuse=residential? So
will we really need this tag leisure=garden?

I would propose the usage of leisure=garden for public accessible (which
might include some private gardens) with a focus on more special plants.
Maybe as a subpart of a park.

Otherwise it should be deprecated in my opinion.

What do you think?

Cheers
cracklinrain