[Tagging] leisure=garden

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sat Dec 7 19:45:42 UTC 2013

> 2013/12/7 cracklinrain <cra_klinrain at gmx.de <mailto:cra_klinrain at gmx.de>>
>
>     If there is no clear border of the
>     area, it is recommended to use a node to describe the object."
>

> I do not agree with this part, a garden should have a clear border, or
> at least the mapper will have to decide where it ends. Usually it
> shouldn't be difficult to determine the border of a garden.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

One issue we are running into here is differing meanings of the word
"garden".  In US usage, a garden is an area set aside for deliberate
cultivation of plants; in UK usage, the entire area of land surrounding
a house is a garden, whether you are cultivating plants, have it covered
in grass, or are just letting it grow weeds.  I suspect there are
probably several other meanings of "garden", when you look at world-wide
usage of the English language.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.