[Tagging] Security Gate Post/Cabin

Jonathan bigfatfrog67 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 15:28:34 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just went to tag a building at the main entrance/exit to an industrial
site and couldn't really find a well used or documented tag.

It's the sort of building that houses the security guards or
gatekeeper.  They operate the gates to allow entrance to or exit from
the site.  May contain security guards who patrol the fences/area.  May
contain security equipment such as camera monitoring displays.  Usually
first point of call of any visitor or site operative.  May handout
health and safety equipment, such as hard hats etc.  May collect names
and details of all visitors.

It's the building I want to describe but could be applied to a node as well.

building=security_post has been used 3 times and seems to pretty well
cover it but I'm surprised at its small use.

This would not sit on a way, as that would the be a barrier, but is
usually positioned near the barrier=gate etc, however, could be
elsewhere on the site, particularly in the example of a Foreman's Office
or Site Office in the construction industry.

Any thoughts, is it worth a wiki page or subpage of building?

Jonathan

--
http://bigfatfrog67.me