[Tagging] Security Gate Post/Cabin

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Dec 8 15:39:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-08 at 15:28 +0000, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just went to tag a building at the main entrance/exit to an industrial 
> site and couldn't really find a well used or documented tag.
> It's the sort of building that houses the security guards or 
> gatekeeper.  They operate the gates to allow entrance to or exit from 
> the site.  May contain security guards who patrol the fences/area.  May 
> contain security equipment such as camera monitoring displays.  Usually 
> first point of call of any visitor or site operative.  May handout 
> health and safety equipment, such as hard hats etc.  May collect names 
> and details of all visitors.
> It's the building I want to describe but could be applied to a node as well.
> building=security_post has been used 3 times and seems to pretty well 
> cover it but I'm surprised at its small use.
> This would not sit on a way, as that would the be a barrier, but is 
> usually positioned near the barrier=gate etc, however, could be 
> elsewhere on the site, particularly in the example of a Foreman's Office 
> or Site Office in the construction industry.
> Any thoughts, is it worth a wiki page or subpage of building?

Where I have worked, and industrial sites that I have visited over my
long career, that building is always called 'the gate house'.

I would suggest building=gatehouse, or gate_house, although neither had
any previous useage :)

Phil (trigpoint)

More information about the Tagging mailing list