[Tagging] Security Gate Post/Cabin

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 18:17:52 UTC 2013

Btw, how would you call a small structure like this:

These are used by the police to control traffic flow and I think they can
also interfere with the traffic lights control on this crossing. These are
put on many bigger crossings in the city, but not always there is someone
in there. Capacity is I think 2 officers, they have got airconditioning.
Not sure if this qualifies as a building in the stricter term, but for osm
I'd say yes, as they don't move ;-)

If it provided only weather protection I'd maybe call them
"police_shelter", but I think they also have infrastructure to interfere
with the traffic lights, so maybe it is more a kind of control_room?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20131208/f985f2b7/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list