[Tagging] Security Gate Post/Cabin

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Dec 8 18:36:57 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-08 at 19:17 +0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> Btw, how would you call a small structure like this:
> https://maps.google.it/maps?q=rom&ll=41.879601,12.496149&spn=0.00167,0.003473&safe=off&hnear=Rom,+Latium&gl=it&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=41.879677,12.496087&panoid=48p0hYYLAJMPzfxFbg_W5A&cbp=12,22.08,,2,4.41
> These are used by the police to control traffic flow and I think they
> can also interfere with the traffic lights control on this crossing.
> These are put on many bigger crossings in the city, but not always
> there is someone in there. Capacity is I think 2 officers, they have
> got airconditioning. Not sure if this qualifies as a building in the
> stricter term, but for osm I'd say yes, as they don't move ;-)
> If it provided only weather protection I'd maybe call them
> "police_shelter", but I think they also have infrastructure to
> interfere with the traffic lights, so maybe it is more a kind of
> control_room?
The English term would be a police box (police_box).

Phil (trigpoint)

More information about the Tagging mailing list