[Tagging] [Imports] IENC of the German WSV

Vincent Pottier vpottier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 22:01:41 UTC 2013

Le 11/12/2013 11:15, Malcolm Herring a écrit :

> It is not "rather than", but "as well as". The harbour object is
> tagged with a list of *available* facilities, the tag values being
> free text to qualify those availabilities. e.g. "harbour:toilets"
> could take the value "private, access by code".

I could understand a tag "toilets=yes" on an harbour area if toilets are
not already mapped on they own in it, maybe with an "access" tag. But I
don't understant the ""harbour:toilets"
> The actual location of these facilities are mapped separately, with
> appropriate tags, either from the "amenity" series or from the
> "seamark:small_craft_facility" series.
>
> The reason for this arrangement is that querying a harbour object will
> bring up a list similar to those found in marina directories, nautical
> almanacs, etc.
"Relation are not categories"
Maybe we should had "Areas are not catalogues, almanacs" especialy with
an odd set of tags, but objects.

> Anyway, this thread is about the import, not the tagging! I know that
> we all love to argue about tags, but this is best done in the tagging
> list.
You are right: this thread is about how to make a good import.
--
FrViPofm