[Tagging] how to tag a terrace?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 19:15:49 UTC 2013

Am 13/dic/2013 um 13:37 schrieb Fabrizio Carrai <fabrizio.carrai at gmail.com>:

The final results is [1] a multypoligon the includes few components,
including:

   - A highway=pedestrian area, with black and white tiles marked as
   surface=paving_stones (that's the one with the terrace's balustrades)
   - An acquarium [4]
   - Grass areas
   - A gazebo construction

For this reason I would not mark it as "terrace" and definitively not
"building".

The multipolygon is fine, it just lacks tagging ;-)

The only tags that characterize it right now are the name and Wikipedia
tag, there is no osm tag to say what it is.

IMHO building would fit, what are the alternatives? man_made and historic,
but historic would exclude similar constructions of recent make. Man_made
is usually for more technical stuff, and in the past we used building even
for ships (that don't move any more, with a restaurant inside).

cheers,
Martin