[Tagging] how to tag a terrace?

Fabrizio Carrai fabrizio.carrai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:37:58 UTC 2013

I am one of the mappers of the "Terrazza Mascagni" [1], took as example.
First of all we have to clarify the term "Terrace" (""Terrazza" in
Italian). Indeed the construction is the "terrace of the city" facing the
sea. It looks similar to an house terrace (it has few balustrades,
parapets, see the pictures), but its more a city square.

The final results is [1] a multypoligon the includes few components,
including:

   - A highway=pedestrian area, with black and white tiles marked as
   surface=paving_stones (that's the one with the terrace's balustrades)
   - An acquarium [4]
   - Grass areas
   - A gazebo construction

For this reason I would not mark it as "terrace" and definitively not
"building".

For what I remember There is a similar construction in Taormina [5] (to be
checked).

FabC

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1275658<http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1275658/history>
[2] http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/it:Terrazza%20Mascagni?uselang=it