[Tagging] End voting bicycle=use_cycleway

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 11:15:54 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Pee Wee <piewie32 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The advantage of  a proposal and discussion is that it improves documentation.

+1 and that's already good enough no ? Although I did not myself check
this proposal, the feedbacks seem to express a good idea but a lack of
explanation. This is enough to improve the documentation. Otherwise
you will see in the future that many people are improperly using this
tag, as we have seen in the past in many examples. What's the interest
to post a proposal, use it on its own, be happy but is finally so
badly spread in the database by others that no data consumer is able
to use it ?

> 2.       For some reason it seems that the ones that make the proposal can
> not vote. This is a barrier to team up with others because you then loose
> votes.

If the proposal is good enough, you don't need you own "vote". It can
happen that sometimes the amount of votes is very low but this is
simply because the subject is not interresting the mass.

> 3.       Only if you have a wiki account you can vote.
I don't remember if I had to create a special account for the wiki. It
should be automagically inheritated from the OSM account but they are
probably some technical reasons preventing this. Any way, I see the
wiki write access as important as the OSM db access.

> 4.       You can vote no without having given any objections to the proposal
> before voting.
Probably some 'no' are not objecting because the reason has already
been writen. They are also 'no' voters because they didn't read
carefully the proposal but didn't like a detail like one picture,
colour or typos. They are also 'yes' voters that don't check carefully
what is proposed, saying 'yes' to everything new.

> 6.       There are more then 1 million mappers and only a few vote (24 in
> this case).

Better say : "there are 1 million subscribers and only a few mappers
and even less regular mappers."
And only a fraction of them is improving the wiki. We can never be
enough thankful with such unrewarding work.

Pieren