[Tagging] "vote" results about aed/defibrillator

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Dec 21 08:56:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's why I'm considering if we could accept in the futur both values
> "aed" and "defibrillator" equally and document them as such in the
> wiki.

The usual OSM practice is to take the UK English version, and apply it
worldwide.
There are many many tags that have an anglocentric tag name, yet are
successfully
used worldwide.

Also don't forget there are aed's listed under both the medical and
emergency tagspaces,
and that other attributes (like 24 hour access) are arguably more critical
than haggling
over the exact nomenclature.