[Tagging] [Imports] RFC - Adding UN LOCODE tags to OSM

Douglas Fraser doug.fraser at tarisoga.com
Mon Feb 4 18:26:05 GMT 2013

I was going to add some text about port terminals to the wiki page - I'll update what I can.  There is at least one
thing that is incorrect.  The data management issues are important, so I'm inclined to update the wiki page to direct
people to OpenSeamap as that seems like a more logical place to keep specialized metadata like this and they'd be more
inclined to keep the data updated.  The UN list does change, so letting dead data sit around in OSM doesn't seem great.

as for LOCODE and locode, it is an acronym and so I tend to capitalize it.  but if iata isn't...  There are LOCODE /
locode / harbour:locode / unlocode tags - what are the general guidelines about cleaning up tag confetti?