[Tagging] Amenity=shelter for field shelter?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:16:42 GMT 2013

2013/2/6 Martin Simon <grenzdebil at gmail.com>:
> -1 for tagging it as amenity=shelter.
> We also don't do that with carports, garden sheds or dog houses.
> The object tagged amenity=shelter should imho be intended and usable for
> sheltering humans against bad weather and be freely accessible.

Agree to a certain degree that it should be freely accessible. It
depends on the context if this is given for a field shelter. In my
experience in areas with low population density you might find shelter
in a place like this e.g. when caught by bad weather. As always, its
up to the mapper. I wouldn't use amenity when the field shelter is
locked up.

cheers,
Martin