[Tagging] Landuse vs Place - conversation at talk-key-landuse in wiki

dies38061 at mypacks.net dies38061 at mypacks.net
Fri Feb 15 12:29:50 UTC 2013

This is a posting on the wiki which I've responded to --> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:landuse#Landuse.3D_-vs-_Place.3D

The text of my input, for discussion:

My opinion on this is that _place=neighborhood_ implies _landuse=residential_ but not vice versa. In that case, if one has information on a particular area having a name and a boundary which allows one to refer to it as a named place, then neighborhood would be preferred. For instance, a relation of _type=boundary_ and _border_type=subdivision_ I created at http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2674522 ; _place=neighborhood_ is on the label node, but it might just as well (maybe better) been put on the relation so that rendering like that via WIWOSM would show a boundary instead of a node. I'm glad to hear people's opposition to or support for this opinion. --Ceyockey (talk) 12:23, 15 February 2013 (UTC)