[Tagging] As the crow flies

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:47:08 UTC 2013

2013/2/23 A.Pirard.Papou <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>

> A non-way is not the best word to describe my idea and I also do not feel comfortable with it.
> It's sort of a "secret [winding] little passage" that one must follow on demand.
> So, more than "informal=yes" (which I don't understand well), it would be a straight "exists=no".

I'll try to explain the idea of "informal=yes" on a
highway=footway/path: it is a path (there is something recognizable on
the ground) which is there because people (or maybe animals) are using
it frequently, but it is not built on purpose, in fact, nobody built
it at all. In German this would be called "Trampelpfad", in French
"Ligne de désir", in English "desire line".

If there is nothing at all, I don't know if I'd map it (in the end you
can find shortcuts on all non-linear ways, depending on the terrain,
your equipment and your abilities). If there is a route using this way
it surely won't be "nothing".

cheers,
Martin