[Tagging] Wikidata tag

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:28:29 UTC 2013

2013/2/27 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> Tag "operator:wikidata=Q38076" much better than "operator=McDonalds" ?!
>
> Are you all so disconnected from real contributors ?

Real contributors can continue to write operator tags. I'm always for
making it easier for the mapper. But why not help developers once in a
while?

Right now we have 886 McDonald's, 53 McDonalds and 9
McDonald's␣Deutschland␣Inc.
I'm not going to mass change them to what I think they should be, because
they all could have their reasons to give them that operator name. But
Wikidata ID should be unchangeable and unambiguous, so mistakes should be
easy to spot and fix.

Janko