[Tagging] Wikidata tag

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:22:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-27 12:08, Jo wrote :

I suggested to Waymarked Trail <http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/>
and I have mentioned to this list that any free format field like
operator should be explicitly allowed to contain an URL and that the
programs should auto-recognize URLs to make them clickable (like many
many programs do, even my Terminal command line interface).

That URL can be beside other information.

Many sites auto-detect language and some even forget to let switch to
another one.
It should be possible to call for example a Wikipedia URL independent of
the language with any article in any language and switch to the first
existing article in the language from the list configured in the browser.
sort of  [xx.]wikipedia.org/fr:Liège  with nl,fr,en browser ->
follow Nederlands <http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luik_%28stad%29>  ->
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luik_(stad)

they almost do it:

  Error

    404 – File not found

http://en.wikipedia.org/fr:Liège

We could not find the above page on our servers.

*Did you mean to type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/fr:Liège
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/fr:Li%c3%a8ge>?* You will be automatically
redirected there in five seconds.

Cheers,