[Tagging] Proposition for a classification of path

Balaitous balaitous at mailoo.org
Wed Feb 27 23:05:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

You insinuate that I want to remove the other tags characterizing paths.
This is false.
What I propose is a new tag providing a summarized information, such
that no algorithm can do.
Besides, I think we should also tag of the markup, like

markup=yes/no
markup:quality= scale from 1 to 5
markup:type= paint/cairn/...

> Speaking as someone who deals with databases every day at work, given separate pieces of information, you can always combine them at need.

It's true, but it's not a simple problem, and I think it's better done
by human brain instead of computer, and even more difficult if a lot of
separate pieces are missing.
(It's a fact, specifics tags are low used)

> If all you have is the composite data, it isn't always possible to derive the details.

Never possible !
But who wan't to remove all detail information ?

Balaitous