[Tagging] business closed for renovation - tagging best practice

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:23:40 GMT 2013

2013/1/15  <dies38061 at mypacks.net>:
> * Would you support or recommend tagging a transient state like 'closed for renovation'?

I think this is done in some regions while in others it doesn't make
much sense. I'd make it depend on your feeling for the OSM activity in
the area: if you believe there is good chance that someone (e.g. you)
will notice when they reopen and will update this in OSM you can do
it, but if you see the risk that also months (or even years) after
they finished the works this would probably still not be reflected by
OSM I wouldn't.

Cheers,
Martin