[Tagging] Powerlines underground

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:29:40 GMT 2013

On 2013-01-15 17:06, François Lacombe wrote :
> Nice example Phil, thanks a lot.
>
> My tagging scheme works great with it : power=line +
> locaion=underground :)
>
> 2013/1/15 A.Pirard.Papou <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
> <mailto:A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>>
>

>     Shouldn't the tag be  voltage:power=400000 ?  ;-)
>

> No problem I mean : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:voltage

OK, must've been a fast train then ;-)
railway=disused
voltage:railway=400000
;-)

In any case, aerial is much more fun
<http://www.flixxy.com/helicopter-cable-inspector.htm>  than hiring
maintenance moles ;-)

But, while I was readjusting what others have left behind, I found a
power line, as it's often the case with those long haul mappings
(landuse etc...), that was attached to a bike lane (node in common).
Imagine catching 24000 V in the pedals ;-)

Seriously, isn't there a way to be exempted from having to detach those
long haul ways from everything many times a day, and often have to move
them to the right place, sometimes 50 m away?
Those attached line and lane were crossing at right angle !!!  I suppose
one does not do that on purpose !  There must be some "feature" to fix
in some editor explaining that.

Cheers,

André.