[Tagging] Powerlines underground

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 15 19:43:42 GMT 2013

On 15/01/2013 19:29, A.Pirard.Papou wrote:
> But, while I was readjusting what others have left behind, I found a
> power line, as it's often the case with those long haul mappings
> (landuse etc...), that was attached to a bike lane (node in common).
> Imagine catching 24000 V in the pedals ;-)
>
> Seriously, isn't there a way to be exempted from having to detach those
> long haul ways from everything many times a day, and often have to move
> them to the right place, sometimes 50 m away?

It's clearly wrong to connect power lines to highways, landuse etc.
Maybe you could try to find out if it is a particular mapper in your
area doing this and contact him.

> Those attached line and lane were crossing at right angle !!!  I suppose
> one does not do that on purpose !  There must be some "feature" to fix
> in some editor explaining that.

The 'snap-to' function in JOSM sometimes causes such accidents if you
are not careful but I suspect many of those spurious connections are
caused by mappers using Potlatch.

Ole