[Tagging] Dispute concerning shrimp pond dikes

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:17:02 GMT 2013

On 2013-01-22 13:37, doug brown wrote :
> Thanks all for the feedback you have provided on the tags for the
> shrimp pond dikes.  I hope to be able to implement many of these
> changes soon, but I have not been successful in using the JOSM
> Reverter plugin.  The OSM Wiki states:
>
> "After installing the plugin and restarting JOSM, you should find a
> new menu item History -> Revert changeset."
>
> I have updated to the latest JOSM version (version 5608) and
> downloaded the plugin and restarted JOSM multiple times, but no
> History menu item appears.  Subsequent attempts to download the
> reverter plugin yield a message that all plugins are up to date.
>
> I'm out of ideas on how to proceed.  Does anybody have any advice?

I have replayed the first part of Revert and stored the result here
<http://www.papou.byethost9.com/tmp/shrimp_pond_dike.osm>.
The file was saved after replying yes to "ignore 23 conflicts?".
I wanted to know if an attempt to update would raise the same conflicts.
It raised a JOSM crash.
I tried to delete the runaway ways and it crashed again intermittently.
It finally crashed when I reloaded the new file I was saving little by
little.

My best advice is to create a new JOSM layer, /*Edit>merge selection*/
of as many pieces of data as you can and update OSM from that new layer.

It's doable, take heart.
Is JOSM usual to you?

That vandal should be sent to OSM jail for a few weeks.

Cheers,

André.