[Tagging] Dispute concerning shrimp pond dikes

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:23:42 GMT 2013

On 2013-01-25 03:15, doug brown wrote :
> Thanks again André.  I am really impressed with the amount of work you
> have done on my problem and greatly appreciate  your efforts.  I hope
> to be able to find some time to work on this Sunday afternoon.  I will
> let you know how it goes.
I was also impressed by the patience you needed to encode all that data
and the vandalism you have been victim of.  And as I developed anti
vandalism skill when I myself am the victim...
This said, I felt stupid when I realized that patching the .osm file
manually with a much neater result was done in minutes compared to well
over one hour with the merge method leaving much work to do. I'm glad
you will use the new file.
I suppose that the JOSM validation errors will disappear after moving
the bundled nodes back to place and that you will not have too much
trouble solving conflicts when updating OSM.
I hope that you and MagWhiz will be useful to JOSM by explaining how the
data got into that state.

Conclusion, use JOSM and support those who support it.

I'm eagerly waiting to see the shrimps back home :-)

Cheers,

André.