[Tagging] Observations on use of the diet: tag

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:29:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> * I did add diet:gluten_free= to all objects with gluten_free=.
> * I did add diet:lacto_free=* and diet:lactose_free=*
> * I did add links to diet from both pages and moved both under the
> proposal namespace and marked both for deletion
>  * Maybe we could delete lactose_free=* right away as its usage is zero.
>
> Anything else todo ?

Fly,

I can't speak for others, but I'm deeply bothered by this set of
changes you've made, and I'm bothered for several reasons:

* This appears to me to be an automated edit (since I doubt you went
around the world looking for every object). I n

Unless you specifically went to New York City, and visited at least
one of the places I tagged as gluten_free, then you're making
assumptions.

* The wiki reflected *actual usage* of the gluten_free tag, of which
there were over 2x (nearly 3x) more than there were diet:gluten_free,
until your mass automated edit.

That means the wiki was accurate.

Please revert your edit, and undo your wiki changes.

Thank you.

- Serge