[Tagging] Open of discussion on "operational_status" (part of life cycle with disused/abandoned/demolished)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 2 08:14:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 07/02/2013 10:07 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:
> I don't think the situation you describe arises at all. There is never
> any onus on any mapper to add extra redundant details - and it's
> ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

[...]

Yes, that's effectively what I was trying to say, just avoiding words
like "ridiculous" ;)

A telephone that is already tagged as functional would not normally be
re-tagged as functional just to say "yes, it still is". This means that
the "operational_status:date" tag is superfluous, since it will always
be the date of the changeset when the operational_status was last modified.

Bye
Frederik