[Tagging] Observations on use of the diet: tag

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 10:25:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 5:14 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> My experience with mapping has been that after talking on the tagging
> list, and being voted down, when I just went ahead and used my tags,
> they were adopted by the community, on more than one occassion.

Yeah, you can just ignore the feedbacks. Then we end up with the mess
of tags like power=substation or shop=bakery or designation=* which
are completely misinterpreted in different countries. Then it takes
years until we can clarify the situation (if it will happen ever),
thanks for the guys ignoring the talks or "votes" (which are more
opinion polls)...

Pieren