[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bakery,confectionery

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 6 12:50:03 UTC 2013

Am 05.07.2013 19:18, schrieb Murry McEntire:

Hey Murry

> The proposal talk page has been rather inactive, a bit more discussion
> happening on the mailing list. I would like comment on the Additional
> tags section of the talk page where tags such as
> site_produced=yes/all/most/some/few/no, outlet=yes/commercial/local/no,
> artisan=yes/all/most/some/few/no are looked at as possible tags.
> Some of the other discussion makes me lean toward a mixed and baked on
> site for the site_produced tag with an understanding the artisan tag is
> the made from scratch indicator; but would like feedback and perhaps
> other ways made from scratch, mixed on site, baked on site, finish baked
> on site, etc. should be distinguished.

I wonder how many tags you want to get discussed/voted on at once. Why
not leave this for now and first get the primary tags accepted. But if
you feel that you have enough strength to get it settled at once go ahead.

> After looking at an artisan tag for bakery, I'm wondering if I should
> use just two confectionery types of sweets and chocolates (dropping
> artisan_sweets) and adding an additional artisan tag to that page (with
> a slightly changed definition to drop the bakery specific examples)?

+1
Yes, please try to use tags that might work for butchers, too, as long
as they are not to unclear or misunderstood.

I would not use origin and outlet because they are misleading.
Maybe use "sale" or "selling" instead of outlet.
Instead of origin "source" or "product_source" would fit better but
might be still misunderstood.

Wow, the proposal evolves really nice.

> On the main page of the proposal, I have updated the proposed new
> article pages with the right-side sidebar in common use on other pages.

+1

Thanks for you work and that you accepted the first vote and did not
just turn away.

Cheers
fly