[Tagging] Childcare Tag

alyssa wright alyssapwright at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 16:50:11 UTC 2013

Sorry, I don't really follow. So some questions inline:

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 09.07.2013 17:35, schrieb alyssa wright:
> Hey Alyssa
>
> > I'm new to this proposed tagging process etc, but I wanted to know what
> > happened with this childcare tag proposal?
> >
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/childcare2.0
> >

> I really do not see any major changes to the rejected version 1 in 2011:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/childcare
>
> My main concern is that deprecating amenity=kindergarden will not
> work/be accepted and that it is not flexible enough, e.g. you can not
> use it with other amenities.

Even if there aren't major changes to the proposals perhaps the needs of
OSM have shifted since 2011. So not sure I follow on why a previous
rejection dictates a current one.

Which tag isn't flexible enough (not sure what "It" refers to in your
sentence). It seems like it takes into account the kindergarden scope as
well as other childcare spaces, such as nursery, orphanage. It allows for
more specificity than the existing kindergarden tab as well as cultural
differences. Is it typical for amenity tags to be used with other
amenities? Is there something in this proposal that stops such
combinations? I've reviewed amenity=library and amenity=restaurant and
don't see the difference in approach. But again, I'm new to this so it
might be more subtle than I realize.

> Best would be to find a better key or prekey to get it working.

Again, what is "It" referring to here?  And can you give some suggestions
on how to make the proposal better?

> If you want to read the discussions please have a look at the archive:
>
> version 1: spring 2011
> version 2: may and june 2013

Thanks,
Alyssa.