[Tagging] Bridleway/hiking trail/bike track tags

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:53:34 UTC 2013

Primarily a horse trail (not so good for cycling or walking): highway=bridleway
Primarily a hiking trail: highway=path
Primarily a mountain biking trail: highway=path, mtb=yes  (maybe foot=no)
Primarily a normal bike path: highway=cycleway, foot=yes

(And one hundred other opinions. :))

Adding route relations also helps different kinds of renderers show
the right kind of trails to the right kinds of users.

Steve