[Tagging] foot=yes or bicycle=yes on track without other limitations?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 11 14:13:55 UTC 2013

Am 10.07.2013 15:42, schrieb Richard Mann:
> If you add bicycle=yes, they render differently in opencyclemap (not
> saying that's a good thing, just an observation). It seems to be used to
> imply that it's reasonably passable by bike, and nobody seems to object.

Yeah this is a problem with tagging for the renderer/routing software.
Especially lots of Router/Maps for bicycles do not work that well with
path and foot/bicycle=official/designated/yes/no.

Missing advice in preset about optional tags is not helpful, too.

I would deprecate bicycleway/bridleway/footway and only use path but
that is out of scope right now.

fly