[Tagging] Childcare Tag

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Jul 19 20:03:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 11:04 +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> Another object that comes to my mind is amenity=pub. You will usually
> get something to eat in a pub in the UK, but you won't in many German
> "amenity=pub" (indeed it might have been a good idea to invent
> something dedicated for the German "Kneipe", but osm history put it
> that way).
Fortunately it is still 'sometimes', rather than 'usually' you can get
something to eat in a pub in the UK, unless you count crisps (potato
chips), nuts, (pork) scratchings and a pickled egg as something to eat. 

Pubs that are over foodie, tables laid etc, should in my opinion be
tagged as restaurants. Those have lost their primary focus as a place to
go for a drink, to meet people and to network.

Phil (trigpoint)

More information about the Tagging mailing list