[Tagging] Are addresses features or attributes?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 12:51:05 UTC 2013

On 21/lug/2013, at 14:06, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Parcels can be merged and deleted, houses can be replaced,
> shops/restaurants/POI's may change at any time but the addresses
> remain

this might depend on the region you look at. Houses that are replaced usually keep the number in areas I know of (but this is really not the same worldwide, indeed the way housenumbers are assigned is even different in different German regions, sometimes it's a building, sometimes it's a plot)

Btw: from what I know, parcels (especially in built up areas in Europe) used to be quite stable over the time, more stable than countries and political borders.

cheers,
Martin