[Tagging] leisure=swimming_pool for the pool or the complex?

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 09:58:04 UTC 2013

2013/7/22 Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>

> After reading
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dswimming_pool I can't
> figure out.
> Is this tag for the actual wet area of a pool, or the fenced area of a
> pool facility?  The page spends
> a lot of words about past controversy, but seems silent on this topic.
>  leisure=sports_center might work,
> but the definition is for an covered indoor facility.
>
> For my application, see way: 230769950

I have tagged leisure=swimming_pool the pool itself, and
amenity=sports_centre (mind the spelling!) the whole facility. I don't
think the definition should apply to a covered *indoor* facility (the wiki
for swimming_pool mentions it, but the one for sports_centre does not); if
you want to be explicit, tag the centre as type=outdoor.

Ciao,

Simone