[Tagging] [Talk-us] access restriction, water only: How to tag?

Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de
Fri Jul 26 06:48:56 UTC 2013

Am 26.07.2013 06:56, schrieb Bryce Nesbitt:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com
> <mailto:gdt at ir.bbn.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thomas Colson <thomas_colson at nps.gov
>     <mailto:thomas_colson at nps.gov>> writes:
>     > I'm tagging some camp sites as "boat=yes" to imply water access
>     only, but I
>     > don't think this is right. Is there a water-only access tag?
>

> There's always "note=" or "description=".  Not everything can be
> codified, and a note is far more likely to be understood by a human.
> I'd map these as a campground, verify there are no foot trails leading
> in, and throw in a small pier wherever people tie up.
It's hard to tag that. The normal access-tags wont fit to this
situation, because they typical would describe the situation within the
campground. So I would prefer something like water_access=yes|only|no
(no would be default).

There is also a tag waterway=biwak (or something very similar) for
spaces there you are allowed to sleep for a night, mostly situated next
to a river etc. But they are no real campsite, mostly only a meadow,
toilet and some picnic-tables.

Henning