[Tagging] [Talk-us] access restriction, water only: How to tag?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 09:09:03 UTC 2013

Il giorno 26/lug/2013, alle ore 08:48, Henning Scholland <osm at aighes.de> ha scritto:

> There is also a tag waterway=biwak (or something very similar) for spaces there you are allowed to sleep for a night, mostly situated next to a river etc. But they are no real campsite, mostly only a meadow, toilet and some picnic-tables.

the waterway key should be used for waterways. Waterway=biwak in the way you described it is missleading as it isn't about a waterway (or even a waterway feature IMHO). Looking at taginfo this is currently used fewer than 100 times so my suggestion would be to find a better tag for these (I.e. fortunately it is not used often).

cheers,
Martin