[Tagging] Underground power lines in tunnel

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 21:39:09 UTC 2013

Am 05.06.2013 um 22:35 schrieb François Lacombe <francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu>:

> Can't we get the type=tunnel or type=bridge proposal voted and accepted ?

This one, right?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Bridges_and_Tunnels

+1 from me, although we don't need voting to use the tags ;-)

an issue I see is the height property, AFAIK this is often indicated as distance from the ground/surface below to the carriageway (that's what the proposal says at the moment), but could also be used (osm) for the greatest vertical extension including towers / pylons etc. (would be more consistent with how the height tag is usually used in osm)

Other interesting tags to add are architect (sometimes), start_date, ele and wikipedia. I'd also like to see some proposal regarding the structure.

Cheers,
Martin