[Tagging] "State of repair" tag

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sun Jun 9 15:15:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Jaakko Helleranta.com <jaakko at helleranta.com
> wrote:

> I think that the prefix "abandoned:" is what you refer to and "disused:"
> is your answer, eih?
>
>    - disused <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:disused>:*=* "features
>    that* are in a reasonable state of repair but which are currently
>    unused*" "The name is still relevant, and will still be searchable."
>
> The disused scheme is not a good match for a particular data set I'm
working with:

This source maps thousands of drinking water sources, along with condition
information.  The tap may be fine when last observed, completely broken, or
needing repair (e.g. "bowl is filled with sand and drain is plugged").

In no case do we want the feature to be hidden from rendering: it's still a
mappable object.  The goal is quite the opposite: to highlight the drinking
water sources in need of repair.

---
How would we best represent a partially functional resource?
Or something which was broken when last observed, but where any repair
schedule is unknown?