[Tagging] "State of repair" tag

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Sun Jun 9 12:23:58 UTC 2013

I think that the prefix "abandoned:" is what you refer to and "disused:" is
your answer, eih?

   - disused <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:disused>:*=* "features
   that* are in a reasonable state of repair but which are currently unused*"
   "The name is still relevant, and will still be searchable."
   - abandoned <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:abandoned>:*=*
   " features that have fallen into* serious disrepair and which could only
   be put back into operation with expensive effort*" "makes it unavailable
   to programs which locate shops, and unlikely to be displayed as a shop in
   any default renderings. The name is still relevant, and will still be
   searchable"

This was the reasoning/logic in re-working the HDM
tags<http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2013-06-07_humanitarian_data_model_redux>
(for
the life-cycle/status part).

Cheers,