[Tagging] [Talk-us] Removing US Bicycle Route tags

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Jun 14 21:43:59 UTC 2013

Again, I'm still not hearing a suggestion that would keep this valuable
information in OSM, or a compelling reason not to keep it.  We do map
proposed routes, we don't map for the renderer.  It still sounds like the
core issue is some proposals are mapped more specifically than they are on
paper.  I don't think this is an insurmountable problem to fix within the
boundaries of not tagging for the renderer.  With that in mind, I would
love to hear ideas how to tackle the proposed corridor issue so that they
may be more properly mapped, not outright excluded over cyclemap rendering
issues.