[Tagging] Reviving "pitlatrine" proposal from 2011

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Jun 20 18:13:20 UTC 2013

To me a bucket is a bucket. What happens *outside the toilet* is of no
relevance to the toilet experience.

The use of chemicals is, however, relevant.   Chemically sensitive people
for example may avoid chemical toilets of any style.
Does that have to be a tag of its own?

toilets <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Toilets>=yes
*toilets:chemical*=[yes,no]
toilets:vault <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:toilets:type>
=[flush,vault,pit <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:pitlatrine>
,bucket,composting]
toilets:positions=[urinal,seat,squat]
toilets:wheelchair <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wheelchair>
=[yes,limited,designated,no]
drinking_water <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:drinking_water>=yes
fee=no

That said, I can't see rendering engines using more than two icons:
"toilet" and some form of "outhouse".
All our composting and chemical dreams aside, those are the two most
important subdivisions.