[Tagging] Reviving "pitlatrine" proposal from 2011

Brian Wolford worldwidewolford at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 21:31:44 UTC 2013

Composting:
What's catching me up is that that system is just _one_ type of composting
toilet. There are many types; dry (w/o urine), simple (w/ urine),
vermicompost(worms), electric(vent fan and stirrer), and blackwater for
example. And they can be presented in different ways, to operate like
modern toilets or not. Many compost-privies on hiking trails can run the
spectrum on type of composting being used. And many methods are used in
other low-resource environments. This is why I think it would be better to
tag composting separately and leave it available for further definition.
Maybe this is a proposal I should begin to work on.
http://www.oursoil.org/what-we-do/toilets/models/

Also, the stink-factor I think mainly relies on maintenance and up-keep. A
pit toilet does not have to any more stinky than a composter as long as
proper cover material is still used, and I've seem some composters that are
not properly kept and would rank up with the worst toilets to visit.

Haha, toilet:output=humanure.

For what seem to be clear categories:
flush, sealed pit, unsealed pit, removable/"batch" container

And then we also seem to need to clarify the port-a-potty.

And we also need to tag for two different reasons, 1) the
user experience and 2) analysis by sanitation experts.