[Tagging] Wikidata tag

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 19:14:11 UTC 2013

2013/3/1 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> it will answer the question who operates them. For grouping them you
> can look for brand, name, operator, and maybe more tags if you want to
> find them all, I prefer brand in this case.

In what language do you suggest we write this in? For example, it would be
natural to write Samsung in Korean, for it is a Korean company. But Korean
has two styles of writing, Hanja and Hangul, so we should decide which one
to use. Or should we go with English, because Openstreetmap relies on
English?

What about duplicate brands?

I think names are not a good way of uniquely defining data.