[Tagging] Public transport zones

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 07:54:11 UTC 2013

I would simply use zone=1, zone=2 or zone=1;2 on them. That's how it's done
in Belgium and The Netherlands. Although we don't have overlapping zones.
The rules (which change every so many years) in Flanders, the northern part
of Belgium, are: travelling through 1 or 2 zones has one tariff, and
travelling through more than 2 has another. Which tariff depends on whether
you buy the ticket with the driver, or in advance. When buying a ticket by
sending a text message with a cell phone, the zones are not relevant, only
travelling duration...

If you happen to need the zone tag for something else on your stops, you
could use zone:ptv, but it seems better to add operator=ptv or operator=PT
Victoria.

Cheers,

Jo